Picture yourself driving alone in your car on a wild, stormy night. After a hard and long day at work, you can see yourself parking your brand new sports car in the garage and relaxing at home doing nothing. But when you pass by a bus stop, you see three people waiting for the bus:
- An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.
- An old friend who once saved your life.
- The perfect person you have been dreaming about.
So you decide to stop and give one of them a ride. But to which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car? You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect dream lover again.
Think before you continue reading.
There is a »win-win solution«.
You could simply give the car keys to you old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital, while you would stay behind and wait for the bus with the person of your dreams.
Lessons from this story:
- Opportunities will appear when you are least prepared and you least expect them.
- There is always a second option.
- Be sure you can live with your decisions. In the end you are the one who has to live with them for the rest of your life.
Are there any lessons I missed? Please let me know in the comment section.
Source of the featured image: What would you do – The bus stop dilemma
I hope you found this post helpful. Let me know what you think. Talk to you in the comment section.